With blackberry season in full swing, celebrate the changing of the season with our autumnrecipe! This deliciously good old-fashioned, homemade Apple & Blackberry Crumble is easy to prepare and packs a hearty punch with juicy fruit and buttery crisp topping. It is sure to please the whole family & satisfy your sweet tooth - the perfect pudding after a Sunday lunch.
With sweet, juicy apples, our heartwarming crumble will bring enchanting flavor to your dinner table. Enjoy this delightful autumn recipe with a warm cup of tea and take in the magic of early autumn.
Treat yourself - why not try it with a scoop of ice cream or with a dollop of hot custard over the top.
For the Filling:
575g Bramley Apple (3 medium apples), peeled, cored and sliced to 1cm thick
Handful of Blackberries
2 tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
For the Crumble:
175g Plain Flour
110g Golden Caster Sugar
110g Cold Butter
tbsp Demerara Sugar
1. Heat the oven to 190C/170 fan/gas 5.
2. Toss 575g peeled, cored and sliced Bramley apples with 2 tbsp golden caster sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon then add them to a baking dish. Flatten the apples down with your hand to prevent too much crumble falling through.
3. Put 175g plain flour and 110g golden caster sugar in a bowl with a good pinch of salt.
4. Add 110g of cold butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. (Add a little more flour to the mixture if needed.)
5. Pour the crumb mix over the apples to form a pile in the centre, then use a fork to even out.
6. Gently press the surface with the back of the fork, so the crumble holds together and goes crisp.
7. Add 1 tbsp rolled oats and 1 tbsp demerara sugar over the top evenly (optional.)
8. Put in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden and the apples are soft.
Click here to shop our handmade ceramics, the perfect serving plate.